Become the New Confident You and “Say Yes to Life!”
Do you feel confident in life? If so, you find yourself aiming for the stars, but without it, opportunities that come your way tend to fizzle out like a damp squib. But did you know that confidence is a skill that can be learnt? You don’t have to be one of the fortunate ones that seem to be born with it, you can develop it in life by choice.
Confidence can feel like a magic ingredient, as confidence changes everything. With it you can accomplish anything, but without it you feel you can’t achieve even the simplest of ambitions. It can be like a snowball effect, confidence breeds confidence. If we doubt ourselves, we tend to over-think and our confidence drains away.
Here are some steps to build your confidence
- Know your worth, and put yourself high on the agenda, think about what makes you happy.
- Dress in clothes that you feel good in, get a good haircut, have your nails done, feel your best.
- Act confident, even if you don’t feel it. Fake it till you make it!
- Learn to recognise your own needs, as well as the needs of others.
- Don’t always say ‘yes’ to make others happy. It is ok to say ‘No’ sometimes if your own needs are greater.
- If you did something you feel is wrong, don’t over-apologise. Instead, take responsibility, say you will try to do better and do your best to make amends in a way that feels right for you.
- Name your inner fear, give it a personality of its own – Scaredy Cat – Moaning Minnie – Timid Tiptoes, etc.
- It’s definitely good to laugh at yourself, but do your best not to self-ridicule.
- Step out of your comfort zone, even if you think you may fail.
- Don’t wait until you are sure of success, do the things you wish you were confident of doing, just go for it!
Let go of criticism – of yourself and others
Most importantly, set yourself a goal and practice being confident. Let go of your criticisms and make sure you keep a diary so that you can learn from any setbacks along the way. Let go of the past, and the ways you have learnt that don’t support you any longer. Become the new confident you and simply move onto greater things where you can finally say “Yes to Life!”
I hope you find these tips helpful. Read more of my Monday blogs HERE.