Watermelon Frozen Dog Treats
On a summer day, an ice lolly can be a welcome treat for us humans right? Well here at Bowerland and Devon Dogs, we consider our dogs too, and let me tell you, they L-O-V-E frozen treats!
I’m sure many of us have thrown our dog an ice cube or two, but why not be more adventurous and have some frozen treats prepared in your freezer ready for those particularly hot days. Over the next few weeks, we will share with you some recipes that we have found over the years – we hope your dogs will like them as much as ours do.
For these recipes you can use ice cube trays or buy some cool shaped silicone moulds – just make sure you know which are ice cubes and which are the dog treats, as you could give yourself quite a surprise if you mix them up!
• 2 cups seedless watermelon (pureed)
• 1 cup coconut water or milk
• 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Scoop out watermelon – it must be seedless. Add to blender and puree until smooth
- Add coconut water / milk and honey to blender and pureed watermelon. Blend well.
- Pour into ice cube trays and cover with plastic wrap or bag to avoid spillage (or you can buy cool silicone moulds)
- Freeze overnight
- Remove from tray and let sit on counter for a few minutes to loosen the frozen treat.
- Twist tray to remove treat from mold.
About the Author:
Michelle Taylor is a regular visitor to us here at Bowerland and also works with Lauren at Devon Dogs. Her main hobby is agility, and although she doesn’t compete herself, she is the number one supporter of her husband and dogs.