Turnip Treats from Kelly’s Kitchen
This week’s Turnip Treats recipe has a great nutritional profile. Turnips and are an excellent source of vitamin C, providing 18mg, as well as small doses of other nutrients including potassium, manganese, calcium, and vitamin B6.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked turnip
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the eggs, butter, turnip, water together in a large bowl.
- Next add in all of the dry ingredients and combine into a dough.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface
- Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and using a cookie cutter, create the cookies.
- Add the cookie shapes onto a tray that has been lined with baking parchment
- Bake in the oven for around 30 mins, or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and pop onto a cooling rack.
- Using a sealed container, store the cookies in the fridge.
We are always looking for new ideas