Turkey Sweet Potato Biccies
It’s turkey time again! Continuing our season of festive dog treat recipes, this week we have delicious turkey sweet potato biccies!
• 1 large sweet potato – cooked and then mashed
• 1 egg
• 2 cups very finely chopped cooked turkey
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• water (gradually used to create the correct consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a baking tray
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes and egg and thoroughly mix
- Next add the chicken and flour and stir again until combined
- Gradually add the water and continue to mix the mixture until a dough forms.
- Adding in a little water at a time and mixing until this consistency has been achieved
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and roll until ¼ inch thickness
- Using cookie cutters, cut into shapes and place on the baking tray
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until lightly golden brown
- Cool completely and then pop into an air tight container for storing
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.