With Christmas comes copious amounts of turkey! If after Christmas Day you have leftover turkey and you have (quite frankly) had enough of it, then why not try this super simple turkey jerky recipe, which we know your dog will simply love and it’ll mean that those leftovers won’t go to waste!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a baking tray
- Thinly strip the turkey off the bone and lay out on the baking tray (please don’t include the skin, just the meat).
- Once you are done pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Check on the jerky throughout the cooking process as you may need to turn over the pieces to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- To check that it is cooked through, you are looking for the turkey to dry out and go almost brittle.
- All the turkey to cool and then pop into an air tight container – there’s no need to store in the fridge.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.