Turkey Cranberry Delights
These turkey cranberry delights are really scrummy and look good enough to eat yourself! But we’re sure your dogs will love them too!
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Egg
- 3 1/2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chicken gravy
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175°C/Gas mark 4 approx.)
- Lightly grease large baking sheets
- Mix the flour and baking powder together, then stir in the turkey meat, dried cranberries and whisk. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, add the egg and pour in the olive oil and about 1/2 cup of chicken gravy
- Mix into a soft dough.
- Knead this mixture on a floured worktop for a couple of minutes.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick and cut into biscuit shapes of your choice. We like the bonio shaped ones!
- Bake in the oven until the biscuits turn brown – probably about 20/25 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in the oven for an extra 30 minutes to dry out
- Bag them up as you want, and pop them in the freezer – your dog will love them!!
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.