Turkey & Cranberry Delights for your Dogs
These biscuits are really scrummy and look good enough to eat yourself!
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Egg
- 3 1/2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chicken gravy
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175°C/Gas mark 4 approx.)
- Lightly grease large baking sheets
- Mix the flour and baking powder together, then stir in the turkey meat, dried cranberries and whisk. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, add the egg and pour in the olive oil and about 1/2 cup of chicken gravy
- Mix into a soft dough.
- Knead this mixture on a floured worktop for a couple of minutes. Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick and cut into biscuit shapes (whatever you choose) I like the bonio shaped ones!
- Bake in the oven until the biscuits turn brown – probably about 20/25 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in the oven for an extra 30 minutes to dry out
- Bag them up as you want, and pop them in the freezer – your dog will love them!!
I would love to hear how you get on, tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.