Liver Leather (courtesy of You Bake ’em Dog Biscuits)
Another fab training treat recipe from Janine Adams via You Bake Em Dog Biscuit book. Your dogs will love chewing on liver leather!
- 1 lb beef or chicken liver
- 1 cup tapioca flour or starch
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Puree the liver in a food processor. Add in tapioca flour or starch and mix with the liver in food processor.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease. Our the liquid liver mixture onto the baking sheet. Cook on a low oven for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and leave overnight. In the morning, peel off the foil and cut the thin layer of liver mixture into small squares using a pizza cutter.
For more recipes from You Bake Em Dog Biscuits, go HERE.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs and Bowerland.