Happy Hip Dog Cookies courtesy of 3mbakery.com
This recipe includes turmeric which is a wonderful herb that is thought to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- 3 ¾ cups of Oat flour
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups of hot water
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ginger (you can use jarred)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C or 350 F and line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Into a bowl place the peanut butter and water and whisk together until combined.
- Add flour, turmeric, ginger and apple cider vinegar. Mix until combined.
- Turn onto an oat floured surface and with your hands, work the dough, bringing it together and kneading gently until your can form a dough ball.
- Roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thickness, cut out shapes with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place cut outs onto the cookie tray. Gather remaining edges and dough scraps; repeat the process from ‘roll out the dough’, until all the dough has been used.
- Bake for 30 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the cookies have turned golden.
- Transfer cookies onto a cooling rack and once cool pop in your dog’s cookie treat tin.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small chunks.
- Put the sweet potatoes on to boil, cook until they have gone soft.
- Strain the sweet potatoes and mash them
- Open the tin of sardines and strain excess liquid.
- Add to sweet potato mash and mix thoroughly.
- Stuff kong or hoof with the mixture and freeze.
- The mixture will be large enough to stuff more than one kong. It can remain in a bowl in the fridge for up to week.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs and Bowerland.