Food Rewards for your Dogs + Liver Cake Recipe
List of Food Rewards from a Dog’s point of view
• Cocktail sausage
• Roast potato
• Ice cream
• Cooked sausage
• Beef burgers
• Peanut butter
• Liver sausage
• Steak – raw
• Tuna/sardine cake
• Minced beef – raw
• Roast chicken
• Chicken necks raw
• Chicken wings
Liver Cake Recipe
Liver Cake is the perfect treat for dog training – dogs love it! Much better than anything you can buy except perhaps raw meat. Use it soft, as it is when first cooked, or bake it a second time in tiny chunks till it is like hard kibble – this way it keeps very well in a sealed container and it is easy to use. If you make a lot of liver cake, a powerful food processor like a Magimix is a great help.
- 500g kilo liver,
- 500g flour,
- 2 eggs,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 3 tbsp oil,
- milk to mix,
- bunch of chopped parsley (optional)
- Mince up the liver in food processor.
- Add garlic, flour, eggs, oil and milk and mix until you have consistency of thick batter.
- Add optional parsley and mix lightly.
- Pour into a large oiled tray so it makes a thin layer and bake in a medium oven until cooked.
- Allow to cool, chop into small pieces.
- Use like this, or bake again in a very low oven until hard.
Please feel free to share your own doggy treat recipes. We’d love to read them.
About the Author: Lauren Langman is responsible for the design and development of all Devon Dogs classes, events and workshops. She competes in Agility at Grade 7, the highest rank of competition in the British agility arena. She regularly competes and wins at top agility events in the UK including Crufts and Olympia, and has represented the UK at World Agility Championship level on many occasions.