Training Treats – Tasty Fish Cakes
Fancy making some tasty fish cakes to use as training treats for your dog? They will love them and work really hard for you.
- 1lb granary or wholemeal flower (or mix the two or use 2 ounces oat bran to make up the weight).
- A glug of oil (preferable olive oil)
- 3 eggs
- 1 large can Pilchards in tomatoes
- A glug of milk to make the mixture into a cake like consistency
- Give all the ingredients a good whiz in the food processor until it is a cake-like consistency adding more milk or oil if needed.
- Put the mixture into a 8-inch microwave dish and microwave on high for 10-14 mins. It should be firm and rubbery. If it’s a bit wet on the outside bake it in the oven for 5 mins to dry it out.
- When cool cut into small treat size pieces.
- Divide into 3 and put 2/3 in the freezer it will last for several training sessions. Out of the freezer in the fridge it should remain fresh for 5-7 days.
- Tell us what success you have with these yummy fish cakes as training treats…
Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon below.
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.