Beef Liver Pyramid Pan Dog Treats
Continuing on with the amazing Pyramid Pan dog treats recipes shared by Michelle Taylor, this week we have beef liver for your canine companions!
The super easy recipe uses a ‘Pyramid Pan’ or similar silicone baking mat. The great thing about these mats is that it raises up whatever is cooking so fat drains away and allows air to circulate more freely for crispy, evenly cooked results – perfect for crispy dog treats!
Beef Liver can be picked up cheaply, so it’s an affordable alternative to expensive dog treats. You could also use chicken liver instead. These recipes are all gluten free but the gluten free ingredients (usually flour) can be substituted for plain flour.
• 900g beef liver drained
• 3 eggs
• 150g gluten free flour
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. (350˚F in USA)
2) Bake liver in oven on baking sheets until cooked.
3) Transfer cooked livers and drippings to blender
4) Add eggs and blend until smooth.
5) Add flour in two batches and blend again until smooth.
6) Smooth mixture over your baking mat and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until crispy.
7) Once cooled cut into treat-sized pieces
Don’t forget these treats can also be frozen and defrosted later on ready for a training session.