Circular Walk from Trelissick to Roundwood Quay
Start and Finish: Trelissick Garden Car Park, Feock, Truro, Cornwall, TR3 6QL (Map)
Why not take an easy 30-40 minute stroll from Trelissick’s historic parkland, along an oak-fringed creek and over a timber framed bridge to reach the 18th-century quay at Roundwood. You’ll find wonderful views, historic landscape and wildlife galore. This beautiful walk is only a 1.25 hr drive from us here at Bowerland.
- Walk out into the park from the car park. Follow the drive to the right, pass through the gate and into Lodge Plantation, following the woodland walk signs to the Old Lodge.
- Cross over the road and follow the zig-zag path down through Namphillows Wood.
- At the end of the path turn left and cross over the small stream below the ponds. Go right and venture over the timber bridge.
- The choice is yours here where you can make a detour into the beautiful flower- and wildlife-rich meadows at Tregew, or carry on to Roundwood Fort.
- Follow the path through Lambsclose Plantation, and along the edge of Lamouth Creek. Look out for egrets and kingfishers.
- Walk through the fort and down the steps onto Roundwood Quay.
- On the north end of the quay follow the old pack horse track for 300yds until you reach a gateway on the left marked by an old hollow sycamore tree and a single granite post.
- Go into the meadow and turn left back down to the Lamouth Creek path, turn right and retrace your steps. For a longer walk, turn left after the wooden bridge and carry on along the creek side back to Trelissick along the south woodland walk.
Read more Wednesday Walks HERE.