Top Tips for a better 2018!
Do resolutions/intentions fill you with joy and happiness, or dread and misery? Rather than resolutions and giving up the good things that you love. What about adding benefits to your life? How does that sound? Think about anything that you believe will improve your life. What about concentrating on ways you can make a better life for yourself and in turn, for generations to come.
At Bowerland Cottage Holidays I am kept very busy most of the time. The thought of giving up the little things that make my life better, doesn’t thrill me. Even though I know I should eat more healthily, not drink as much wine, or that I should keep up my exercise and fitness levels. But they all seem to be hard to do, not enjoyable, more of a punishment.
Here are my top tips on how I can make 2018 a better life for me. Take your pick on what jumps out for you, or perhaps try them all?
- Bring out your creativity. Read more, write more, start to paint or draw – be more creative. Add an extra element to your life, whatever that might be for you. I will be looking to read more, and to write creatively on a more regular basis. I would also like to be more inventive in the kitchen. It would be good to try new recipes, and to look more to vegetarian food and to experiment. What about you?
- Join a new circle, or group, a new community or club. There are loads to choose from. It could be a book club, a writing group, some art classes or even a cookery course. If there is something that you have always fancied, something lurking at the back of your mind, go for it. This is the time to make the first step towards achieving it.
- Play more. Set aside time to play. It could be a board game, something more like tennis, or even listening to music. Your choice, but something that makes you laugh, makes you happy, and passes the time in an enjoyable way.
- Be Kind. To yourself, and others. Be gentle, be caring. It doesn’t cost you anything, yet it matters a lot. Start with yourself and then branch out to include others. Include family members, and friends, as well as strangers. In fact anyone you come into contact with.
- Learn something new. Learn a new skill, a new language perhaps. Visit a new country, try out a new way of travelling. Make a new friend. It has been proven that in order to keep our minds and body healthy, it is crucial to keep our senses alert and bright. One key way of doing this is to keep on learning, to keep your brain active.
I hope you find these tips helpful. It would be good to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.