Sweet Potato Crunchies
Sweet potato crunchies are a great little healthy treat! We also use them for training as they are easily seen in grass for games that require bowling food! For this week’s recipe all you’ll need are:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the eggs, sweet potato and water together in a large bowl.
- Next add in all of the dry ingredients and combine into a dough.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface
- Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and using a cookie cutter, create the cookies.
- Add the cookie shapes onto a tray that has been lined with baking parchment
- Bake in the oven for around 30 mins, or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and pop onto a cooling rack.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. Previously she worked in the office here at East Bowerland Farm, but moved to Canada with her husband and dogs. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.