Sweet Potato Biscuits
We haven’t yet met a dog who doesn’t like sweet potatoes! Enjoy make this week’s treat for your dog with lots of added health benefits!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 200g flour
- 1 egg
- 1 handful of chopped parsley, finely chopped
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and add to boiling water.
- Boil the sweet potato until soft.
- Drain the excess water and mash the sweet potato until smooth.
- Set aside to cool (you can speed up the process by popping the mash into a bowl and then leaving the bowl to cool in some cold water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (350F)
- Once the sweet potato is cool, add it to a big bowl and add all of the other ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and knead into a dough
- Bring out onto a floured surface
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness
- use a cookie cutter to make your biscuits and pop onto a pre-greased tray
- Pop in the oven and bake for 35 mins
- Once cooled, put the sweet potato biscuits into a sealed container
We are always looking for new ideas
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. Previously she worked in the Bowerland office, but moved to Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.