Stuffed Kong/Hoof Recipe by Kelly Murrell
YUMMY! This week’s healthy and nutritious recipe is so easy to make and your dog will absolutely love these sardine and sweet potato stuffed kongs!
- 3 x sweet potatoes
- 1 x tin of sardines in spring water
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small chunks.
- Put the sweet potatoes on to boil, cook until they have gone soft.
- Strain the sweet potatoes and mash them
- Open the tin of sardines and strain excess liquid.
- Add to sweet potato mash and mix thoroughly.
- Stuff your kong (or hoof) with the mixture and freeze.
The mixture will be large enough to stuff more than one kong. It can remain in a bowl in the fridge for up to week.
We are always looking for new ideas
We hope your dog enjoys this week’s recipe. Please feel free to share your own – write to us HERE! Check out more of Kelly’s Tuesday Dog Treats recipes HERE, and see our Training Events Schedule HERE.