Step out of your comfort zone!
Want to get out of your comfort zone but don’t know where to begin? The hardest part is taking the first step.
Here are my top tips:
- Make sure you step outside of your comfort zone quite often. Sometimes we need to refocus, recalibrate, and refresh. And we need to try to push ourselves to do something different something that is out of your normal routine every day. In fact, try to do something different each and every day that gives you a frisson of excitement, take the risk. Fear doesn’t have to be bad. You can use it for good.
- Say yes more often. We tend to hold back because of our fear of the unknown, our fear of trying something different. Perhaps we’ll get it wrong, perhaps it will be too much for us. Do you recognise any of these worries and concerns? We do tend to build up a picture, tell ourselves a story of how things won’t work out. We may be afraid of taking risks. But think about the risk, sometimes it pays to take risks and do something new and exciting. Something different from your normal routine.
- Be adventurous! What wild and wonderful ideas do you have lurking in the back of your mind? What is on your bucket list? Travel, perhaps – visiting new countries, meeting new people? Or perhaps taking up rock climbing, or scuba diving? Or it may be something far more relaxing and calm such as a mindfulness retreat perhaps. Whatever it is, make sure you try it. Don’t just forget about it, don’t just put it aside for a later date.
- Lighten up, don’t take yourself too seriously! Life shouldn’t be that serious, surely? And don’t worry too much about what others will think of you. Perhaps other people may talk about you – they may even laugh at you! But that’s a good thing – we all need a bit of laughter in our lives. Focus on the fun and feel good, rather than worrying about any negatives.
- Plan and prepare. Make a list of all the things you want to do, all the things you want to try, and the sort of person you want to be. Keep the list close by you, and read it often – daily if you can. Make it real, make it happen!
Some of the best things happen when you are uncomfortable
The time is now, you need to take action whilst you have the enthusiasm fresh in your mind. Stop letting fears and anxiety hold you back, and then you will find that you will you start to make those major breakthroughs in life. Some of the best things happen when you are uncomfortable, not when you are cosy and contained.
Read more of my Monday Motivation blogs HERE.