Top Tips on Spring Decluttering
At this time of year, when Spring is just around the corner, it always seems like a good time to declutter and clean up. We want to bring light and calm into our homes, after the dull and dismal winter days.
When you think about decluttering, think about where it will have the most effect. Now this can be any space that you occupy; your house, your office, as well as your life in general. This is the time of year for new beginnings, and of new growth. A perfect time for a really good clear out.
Getting rid of all your clutter and freeing up valuable space will have a really positive effect on many aspects of your life. Here are my top tips to help and guide you through the process.
- Make sure you think through what you want to do. Put a plan together to help you to stick to it.
- Gain the help of a close friend, or acquaintance. Particularly someone who absolutely loves a good old clear out.
- Prepare where the clutter is going to end up, such as bin, charity, or for sale.
- Start small, with perhaps a bedside drawer, or table rather than tackling a whole room.
- Give yourself plenty of time – it takes longer than you think!
A great starting point is the space that is most important to you, that is the place you most want to unwind in. But be ruthless and stick to your first thoughts and decisions. Don’t go back over what you have decided. Take your clutter out of the house and away from temptations!
I would be very interested to hear how you have got on. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.