Spinach Turkey Treats
Continuing on with our festive recipes, why not treat your dog to these delicious homemade Spinach Turkey Treats!
Here’s what you need:
- 500g turkey mince
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a baking sheet
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into ¼ inch sized balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- These make great training treats for when you are enjoying games where you bowl the food on the ground!
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.