Spinach Pup Treats
Spinach is good for you and your precious pups! Check out this week’s awesome Spinach Pup Treats recipe from Kelly Murrell.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (use unsalted)
- 1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce (you can make your own)
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- Extra water
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees celsius
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together
- Pop eggs, applesauce and spinach into a blender and blitz into a paste
- Whilst blitzing, gradually add a little water so that you end up with a smooth runny paste
- Pour the spinach mixture into the dry ingredients
- Knead into a dough
- Shape your biscuits; you can either roll and flatten individual biscuits using your hands, or you can roll out onto a floured surface and use a cookie cutter
- Pop on a baking tray lined with parchment
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove the biscuits and let cool completely on a wire rack.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.