Tuesday Treats – Spinach Bone Dog Biscuits
Another fab training treat recipe from Janine Adams via You Bake Em Dog Biscuit book. These biscuits are great for those pooches who are watching their weight!
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1/4 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put the washed spinach in a food processor and cut into little bits. Add the water and process some more, stopped to scrape the bowl at least once. This should give you a fairly liquid mixture with very finely chopped spinach.
- Add the applesauce and cottage cheese to the food processor and mix.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. If dough is quite sticky, knead in some more flour.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Back for 20-25 minutes or until brown.
For more recipes from You Bake Em Dog Biscuits, check out this link: HERE.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs and Bowerland.