Setting Goals is Good For You by Carole Langman
Goal setting is simple – it’s not always easy, but the actual act of setting goals can be very straightforward! And if you have the right mindset and a good set of effective techniques, you can achieve your goals. Setting goals can help us to take action, and these actions help you to achieve any kind of change you are looking for. And ultimately can help you to achieve your heart’s desires.
Goals help to:
- Structure your time
- Pinpoint exactly what you want to achieve
- Give you motivation and momentum in life
- Focus and keep on track
- Get you moving forward with the specific task in hand
Here are my simple goal setting principles:
- Be realistic about your time and energy – don’t over commit. There is only so much you can fit in and you don’t want to put yourself under any more pressure than you already are.
- Keep your goals simple. Sometimes we need to get back to basics and take it to the simplest level. Choose one umbrella goal and don’t make it too out of reach that you will fall at the first hurdle.
- Don’t try to do it all at once – spread it out. Put a number of steps into place that you can use as mini-targets or as milestones along the way.
- Get into the right mindset. Spend some time thinking about what you want to achieve. Jot it down, mull it over, make it clear and focused. Then put it into specific words, and give yourself a generous timescale. Feel the excitement of your goals. Imagine how you will feel once you have achieved them.
- Make sure you follow through. It is so important to plan in how you are going to achieve your goals. How you are going to ensure on follow through. Make your action steps achievable. Write them down and tick them off as you move on through.
What works for you?
Above all, when deciding on your goals, make sure they are inspirational for you, not anyone else, but you! Make sure your goals fit in with your values and beliefs. And that they make a positive difference to your life.
Check out more of my Monday Motivation Blogs HERE. Follow me on my path of Self-Care. And don’t forget to let me know how you look after yourself.