Sardine Sweet Potato Stuffed Kongs
YUMMY! This week’s healthy and nutritious recipe is so easy to make and your dog will absolutely love these sardine and sweet potato stuffed kongs!
- 3 x sweet potatoes
- 1 x tin of sardines in spring water
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small chunks.
- Put the sweet potatoes on to boil, cook until they have gone soft.
- Strain the sweet potatoes and mash them
- Open the tin of sardines and strain excess liquid.
- Add to sweet potato mash and mix thoroughly.
- Stuff your kong (or hoof) with the mixture and freeze.
The mixture will be large enough to stuff more than one kong. It can remain in a bowl in the fridge for up to week.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. Previously she worked in the Bowerland office, but moved to Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.