Sardine Biscuits by Kelly Murrell
Is your dog a fan of fish? This sardine biscuit recipe is very easy and will be loved by your beloved canine companions.
- 2 x tins of sardines (opt for the ones in spring water)
- 200g flour
- 1 egg
- Water (if needed)
- Pre-Heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Open the sardine tins and drain away the excess liquid, then pop the contents into a bowl.
- With a fork mash the sardines up.
- Add in the egg and mix together.
- Gradually add in the flour, mixing as you go, you are looking for dough consistency.
- Once a dough ball has formed, bring out onto a floured surface and knead.
- Roll the dough ball out to a 1/4 inch thickness then using a cookie cutter, cut out the biscuit shapes.
- Repeat the rolling and cutting process until all of the dough is used.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment and pop the cut out biscuits onto the tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the biscuits have turned golden brown.
- Store in an air tight container.
Read more of our Tuesday tips and recipes HERE.