Top Tips to Rejuvenate Yourself!
Wouldn’t it be great to feel and look younger than your years? Especially if you are anything like me, and feel that the years seem to be advancing rather quickly these days. Did you know that this is something we all have within our control? That you can reprogramme your body, reprogramme your genes… to rejuvenate yourself?
Here are my top tips on what you can do to help yourself.
- Eat Yourself Younger – this is nothing new, nothing you haven’t heard before. Basic advice is to eat mostly plant based foods.
- Go for green veg at least twice a day. This could be in the form of salads, or cooked greens. You could also try a green health drink, this would be a great way of really pushing up your green intake!
- Make sure you have oily fish such as mackerel or salmon at least once a week. I love to bake in the oven, with a selection of herbs, spices, sauces on top and serve with new potatoes, pasta or brown rice.
- Drink plenty of filtered water, up to 8 glasses a day.
- Take a Probiotic daily – a great way to maintain a healthy gut.
- Use only beneficial fats such as olive oil, flax seed oil, rapeseed oil and coconut oil.
- Practise fasting on a weekly basis. Try the 5:2 diet, or even easier, make sure you wait between 12—18 hours between your evening meal and breakfast the next day.
- Make sure you keep active – what is it you enjoy doing?
- If you haven’t already tried it, Yoga or Pilates will offer you plenty of stretching exercises which help with all aspects of your life. And you feel so good afterwards!
- Walking, jogging, dance classes – the list is huge. Just take your pick of what you enjoy rather than what you think will give you the best work out. If you enjoy it, you will stick at it!
- Take good care of your skin – do you have a daily routine, or is it more hit and miss?
- Cleanse well, not with a soap based product but with an oil or cream based one. ipe off gently with a damp flannel.
- Have you tried any of the daily serum treatments around? or facial oils? These are great for your skin, and they feel so good, and smell divine!
- Use a gentle make up base, or a light foundation. This will help to protect your skin, but make sure you remove it at night, and cleanse well.
- Protect your skin from any harmful sun rays. Use a mineral based sunscreen especially on the sensitive skin on your face.
- Relax, relax, relax – don’t forget!
- You need plenty of relaxation time, this is most important, and is crucial to your well being.
- Take time out to breathe deeply, to meditate and rest up.
- Book in time in your diary, or this is something that does get overlooked.
I hope you find these tips helpful. It would be good to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.