Red Russian Kale Cookies
Another yummy dog treat recipe from Kelly Murrell. Check out this week’s awesome Red Russian Kale cookie recipe!
- 1 bunch of red Russian kale
- Flour (to be added gradually to get the right consistency)
- 2 eggs
How to make:
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- For this recipe we have used red Russian kale (you can use other types). Grab each stalk of kale and slide your hand down so that the leaves come off. We find the stalks are too woody and don’t blend on that well.
- Pop the kale leaves into a blender and add in a splash of water, eggs and blitz. Depending your blender, you may need to stop the blitzing and stir the mixture around and pop the blender on again so that everything gets whizzed up together, rather than sticking to the side.
- Pour the kale mixture into a large bowl and slowly add the flour, combining as you go. The consistency you are after is a slightly tacky dough-like consistency.
- Pop flour onto your kitchen surface and turn the dough out onto it.
- Roll the dough out until it is approx. ¼ inch thick and then use a cookie cutter to create your cookies.
- Lay the cookies out onto a pre-greased baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until they have gone light golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool
- Once cool, place in an air tight container.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. Previously she worked in the Bowerland office, but moved to Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.