Sausage & Apple Pyramid Pan Treats
Pyramid pans are fab! They create nicely sized treats perfect for training. This recipe is very easy and take minutes! This week we have Sausage and Apple. This recipe is gluten free but you can substitute it with plain flour. If you’re feeling creative you could always make your own apple puree!
What you’ll need:
- 50g cooked sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of apple sauce/puree
- 60g gluten-free flour
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cook sausage if not already cooked
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender and blend to make a thick batter
- Smooth mixture over your baking mat and bake for approximately 15mins or until crispy.
- Once cooled cut into treat-sized pieces and store in a container in the fridge
- And don’t forget these treats can also be frozen and defrosted later on ready for a training session!
The ‘Pyramid Pan’ or similar silicone baking mat. The great thing about these mats is that it raises up whatever is cooking so fat drains away and it allows air to circulate more freely for crispy, evenly cooked results – perfect for crispy dog treats! Read more of our Tuesday recipes HERE.
Why not treat yourself to a Dog Training Holiday and make the most of our fantastic training facilities onsite? Stay with us in our cottage style apartments, right in the heart of Dartmoor.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs and Bowerland.