It’s that time of year again when Pumpkins are plentiful. This week’s recipe is so yummy we think you may even want to try them yourself!!!
- 150g self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1/2 a can of pumpkin
- 2 grated carrots
- 3 tablespoons of yoghurt
For the topping you can use cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the cupcake ingredients together. If you have an electric whisk, this will make things easier. You will want to ensure all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Using a large spoon, dollop 2-3 spoonfuls of mixture into each mould of your cupcake tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes. To check they are cooked, you can slide a knife through the middle, there should be no moist mixture on the knife.
- Remove the cupcakes from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, using a knife, smear the cream cheese all over the top of the each cupcake.
- Enjoy watching your dog devour a cupcake, and keep the rest in an air tight container in the fridge until the next treat time!
We are always looking for new ideas! So feel free to share your recipes too; we’d love to hear from you! Write to us HERE! Check out more of our Tuesday Treats recipes HERE, and see our Training Events Schedule HERE.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. Previously she worked in the Bowerland office, but moved to Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.