Pumpkin Banana Snackers
Its getting to that time of year where we see pumpkins everywhere! Pumpkin is a great ingredient to include in your dog’s treats! Its a source of high fibre and without getting into it too much, it helps with your dog’s number 2’s!
Here’s what you’ll need for this week’s recipe:
- 1 banana
- ½ can pumpkin or 1 cup of blended pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana then add the pumpkin, and honey and mix together until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix together. If it’s too wet, add more flour. It should be a dry dough.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to about a 1/4 inch thickness and use a cookie cutter to create the treats.
- Place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 mins approx. or until lightly golden brown.
- Store in a sealed container.
And see our Training Events Schedule HERE.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. Previously she worked in the Bowerland office, but moved to Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.