Oatmeal Carrot Crunchies
For this week’s dog treat recipe we’ll be using oatmeal and carrot as the main flavoursome ingredients! We’re sure your dogs will love them!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the eggs, butter, carrots, water and molasses together in a large bowl.
- Next add in all of the dry ingredients and combine into a dough.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface
- Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and using a cookie cutter, create the cookies.
- Add the cookie shapes onto a tray that has been lined with baking parchment
- Bake in the oven for around 30 mins, or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and pop onto a cooling rack.
- Using a sealed container, store the cookies in the fridge.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.