Stress – my tips on how to better manage it!
Last week we looked at the 3 common indicators that stress levels are high. These were:
- Sleep problems
- Short temper
- Lack of motivation and focus
Today we are going to focus on how to better deal with stress and avoid burn out. If you look out for the signs that indicate there is a problem, you will be able to help reduce your levels of anxiety. There are some fairly straight forward steps you can take that will help you:
- Give yourself time – make it a priority to timetable in regular slots for yourself. Take up, or continue with a hobby, and try to do something creative. This could range from reading a book, taking up an art or craft hobby, or learning a new skill. Make sure you relax and make use of these scheduled breaks.
- Write down your worries. Make a detailed list so that you can see exactly what is troubling you and then think of ways in which to deal with it. Each night write down what needs to be done the following day, that ways you should be able to sleep better, it will be off your mind, and on the list!
- Think positively – change your mindset. Don’t just focus on the outstanding worries, think about what has gone well. Get into the habit of writing a daily gratitude diary. You will be surprised at how much you do have to be grateful for!
- Exercise regularly – get out in the fresh air, take walks, even a brisk 15 minute walk can blow the cobwebs away. Try Yoga, or Pilates, these are good techniques to learn that help with calming and breathing, as well as stretching.
- Eat healthily – try to avoid processed foods and make sure you eat regularly throughout the day to keep your blood sugar levels up.
However, if you find that your stress levels are becoming too overwhelming, then make sure you speak to someone who is medically trained in order to help you find the right solution.
I hope you find these tips helpful. It would be good to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.