Resilience is all about how you deal with what life throws you, how you work through the difficult times. No matter how good your resilience is, it can be better. Resilience can be worked on and developed, like a muscle. It comes from deep within us. It isn’t fixed in place, and it isn’t just about endurance. You can build it up. Here are my Top 5 Tips:
- Focus on what you have rather than what you don’t have. It is really important how you view your situation, how you view your life. That is what matters most. Believe in a brighter future, this is the first step towards achieving it.
- Challenge negative self beliefs such as, “I am useless, I am not good at…”
- Focus on what you can achieve, for example, “I am open at learning new things, I try my hardest…”
- Pay attention to the moment and develop a mindfulness outlook in life.
- Appreciate what you have today, don’t wait for it all to come good tomorrow. Let go of the imaginary future and enjoy your life to the full NOW!
I hope you like my tips. I would be very interested to hear how you have got on. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.