Reflections – 5 Helpful Tips
One way of learning from any past mistakes in life is to reflect on a regular basis. At least once a week, or even better still, once a day. Take the time out to reflect. To look back on what you’ve been doing that has worked well, and more importantly, what isn’t working. The aim is to try to reflect on every aspect of life, and from this habit of reflection, to continuously improve. You will find you have more insight, more perspective and some really great ideas on moving forward.
Here are my 5 Top Tips:
- Relax – it is important to be in a relaxed frame of mind. Look for a place that provides peace and quiet.
- Try to make your reflection time, the same time each day. Create a routine, a habit.
- Think about your day – what worked, what didn’t. Think about your work – how is it going? Well or not so well? Finally step back and view your life as a whole.
- Feel the sensations that arise. Try to recreate the experiences. Smell the smells, hear the voices, experience the feelings. Try to understand what made you sad or happy at the time. This will help put things in perspective. This will help to focus on future actions and changes you need to make.
- Start a one sentence journal for that day, from whatever springs to mind that is relevant and important at that time.
I hope you find these tips and thoughts helpful. I would love to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.