5 Tips on how to achieve a Positive Mental Attitude
Last week we talked about perspectives on life and how to discover what makes you happy. This week we are going to focus on how you can make the most out of every day, and achieve a positive mental attitude.
We’ve all got the same shot at life and that is why you need to follow your instincts, which will be different from mine. I need to follow my instincts. What will be absolutely right for me, may not be for you, and vice versa. Life is short and you’ve got to get on with it. If not now, then when? Don’t wait for the right moment, we have nothing to lose from giving it a go. Here are my tips:
- Be Brave – have Courage and Stretch your comfort zones.
- Learn new things – when we are young our lives are full of learning new things. But sometimes as we get older we abandon that mentality. Learning keeps you contacted and engaged in life.
- Laughter is the best medicine – make yourself, your friends and your family laugh and don’t forget to laugh at yourself – don’t get pompous or smug.
- Breathe in the fresh air – make sure you go out each and every day, if only for a short time. Walk, jog, stroll or just sit – soak up the fresh air that is all around us.
- Get plenty of Sleep – make sure you get a good night’s sleep – your body needs it.
Don’t forget to appreciate what you have already got, and celebrate your achievements. Only you can make you happy, you need to listen to yourself and what your instincts are telling you, rather than listening always to others. If you close your eyes, how old do you feel? What age are you on the inside?
I would be very interested to hear how you have got on. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.