5 Top Tips to Nurture Yourself
What do you do to nurture yourself? More importantly, what do you enjoy spending your precious time doing? Make sure you write your ideas down, as you will find that lists help you to prioritise.
Here are some of my favourites:
- Take yourself out for a couple of hours and simply go for a walk, or even wander around the shops – just potter around and indulge yourself.
- Buy a couple of magazines. And give yourself the afternoon off. In addition, curl up with a cup of tea and a packet of chocolate biscuits. Heaven!
- Light the wood-burner, either on a rainy day, or just if you fancy it to make you feel good. First of all pour yourself a glass of wine, open up a new book you’ve been longing to read, and enjoy.
- Have a day out with a friend. Also, treat yourselves to a lovely leisurely lunch, and enjoy lots of time for chatting. Furthermore, you could also wander around the shops together. My favourite places pottering with a friend include Tavistock, Ashburton, Topsham and Chudleigh. Also you could visit a spa with a friend. Book a couple of treatments, have lunch together. Most of all, chill out.
- Take a short break away from it all. Visit somewhere close by – perhaps within a 2 hr drive. The places I love to go to include Shaftesbury, Bridport, Falmouth and St Just. Park yourself up at your B&B or hotel, and have fun for the next few days. Most of all, no more driving, just a walk to the pub. Finally no cooking – just eat out instead. A real treat.
I would love to hear what you think about my tips and ideas, and I would be interested to hear your ideas. Most of all, why don’t you tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Also, you could Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.