My 10 Top Tips on Making the Most of Your Time!
When it comes to finding time to do the things you want in life, to enjoy your life to the full, you are sometimes your own worst enemy! But it is important to remember – Your life is in your hands. You choose, you decide. It can sometimes help to look at what distracts you, and to be ruthless with the things that you need to cut out. Here are my 10 Top Tips!
- Write a Daily To Do list
- Do the worse, or most difficult things first.
- Stop rushing around, find ways to slow down – such as sitting outside in the fresh air for at least 10 minutes a day.
- Complete a time record for one week at least. You will be surprised at what you spend your time on.
- Plan your time off carefully. Choose to go and read a book, or to do something creative, rather than always sitting in front of the tv.
- Build in breaks during the day. Sit and do nothing, preferably out in the fresh air.
- When you are forced to wait for something, ie in a queue, etc, seize the moment to relax, close your eyes and let your thoughts pass by. Or just take a couple of deep breaths. It will calm you.
- Check out how you are feeling – be more aware of your emotions. Ask yourself these questions, do I have the balance right? Am I spending enough time on me? Am I getting enough sleep?
- Plan each day, week, month ahead.
- Focus on what means most to you.
I hope you enjoy my list of things to help you make the most of your time. Next week I will focus on writing your daily diary or journal. This is a fantastic way to help you to stay in touch with what is important to you.
I hope you find these tips helpful. I would love to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.