Invest in Yourself – My Top Tips
Too often in life we believe what others tell us about ourselves. We take advice from people on what we should do, or think. But what is it that makes us believe that they know better than we do? Have you ever thought it may be better to really listen to your own instincts, what your body and mind is telling you, rather than taking advice from someone else? What about investing in the bank of Yourself?
- How often do you put yourself and your feelings first? When you are feeling anxious or unsure, the temptation is to shy away and not be seen or heard. This time is most important to put yourself forward and go for it! Put yourself out there. If you come up against rejection or people laugh at you, or look down on you, just brush it off. Don’t take any notice of it. Love yourself by looking after your body, exercise well, and eat well. You know the story, love yourself as you love others, make sure you believe you are worth being looked after.
- Be inspired by your role model. Look at others who enjoy their lives, and live them to the full. Who do you look up to?
- Take risks, don’t be upset by what other people say. For example, wear what you want to wear, it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks. You have earned the right to wear what you want to wear no matter what age you are.
- Don’t have regrets. You can’t do anything about it. Let it go, move on and look to the future. Look forward not backwards. Living in the past is no good for you, and just gets you down. You will remain stuck in the process and the problem. Instead, be part of the future, the solution.
- Don’t rely on luck. If you achieve things in life it is down to a combination of factors. Part opportunity, but mostly sheer determination. None of us know what is around the corner, which makes it even more important to enjoy the moment – enjoy the here and now.
Whatever steps you take, make sure you challenge your mind, and challenge your spirit. You’ll be surprised at what you can achieve. The only person that can stop you is you.
The strength you possess, both mentally, emotionally and physically is what gets you through life. You don’t need to be the best at everything, but you have to try. You have to give life a go and see what you can achieve if you put your mind to it. Have confidence in yourself, your choices in life and push on through. Sometimes your logical common-sense mind tells you; I can’t do that, I’ve never done that before. But go for it. It’s never too late to try something new. Whatever stage of life you have reached, whatever your age, there’s an adventure out there waiting for you. Go search it out!
I hope you find these tips helpful. I would love to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.