The Art of Healing Yourself – Part 2
Last week we looked at the capacity we all have to heal ourselves. This week we are going to discuss how we can go about it.
First of all you need to prepare yourself, to get yourself ready. Make sure you charge up your energy levels and treat your illnesses and health problems. Stop thinking negative thoughts, both on present and past events and bring yourself back in touch with love and joy.
Taking all of this into consideration, here are my suggestions on the steps you can take on a personal level to begin the process of healing yourself.
1. Look and Listen to your own body. What is it telling you? Where are your symptoms? Are you having pains in your back, your shoulders? Do you have, for example, problems with your skin such as eczema or psoriasis?
2. Start with a Detox. There are lots of advice and suggestions on the market. Pick what works for you, but be sensible. Nothing too drastic. For me, I start by cutting out sugars, (including alcohol), wheat, dairy etc. I normally detox for between 1 – 3 days only.
3. Drink more Fluids, things like water, and non-caffeine, non-sugar drinks. Most of us are dehydrated, and we don’t even realise it. I buy sparkling water and add fresh lemon, and even ice cubes for a real treat!
4. Take up some Healthy Pursuits such as walking outdoors, especially in areas of natural beauty, swimming or playing a sport.
5. Take advice on Vitamins and Minerals that aid our healing process. Speak to your local health shop worker. Tell them about your symptoms. For example I have been advised to take Vitamin D.
6. Visit an Alternative Therapist or Healer, there are numerous examples of different types, it is your choice. Examples could include Acupuncture, Reflexology, Massage and Faith or Energy Healers.
7. Take up Meditation – a good antidote to stress. Daily practice helps release deeply stored stress in the system so the mind is peaceful, happy and free.
I hope you find these tips and thoughts helpful. I would love to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.