Mini Minty Treats
Here’s a great Christmas Minty recipe for dog treats that freshen their breath and won’t stink out your treat bag either!
- 180g buckwheat flour
- 4 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon pure honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Water (approx. 1-3 tsp)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the buckwheat flour, parsley and mint leaves together until combined
- Whisk together the olive oil and honey in a small bowl.
- Pour the olive oil and honey mixture into the flour and stir.
- Add the egg and stir until well combined.
- Knead the dough with your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients together. Add a teaspoon of water at a time to help the dough come together. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 0.5 cm thick.
- Cut into small bone shapes with cookie dough cutter, or by hand.
- Place biscuits onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge and use for training or to add to your dog’s dinner!
Thanks to Lolathepitty.com for inspiring this recipe.
About the Author: Molly Bridge originally trained as a teacher, but some of her interests are brand promotion and customer experience. She doesn’t train dogs herself, but is quickly getting used to how the business works! Molly has two Standard Poodles and a Border Collie to keep herself busy with at home!