Meaty Meatballs for your Dogs
This recipe is similar to making meatballs for humans, it just doesn’t contain as many ingredients! Sure to make your dogs’ tails wag. 🙂
- 250g meat mince – you can choose what type depending on your dog’s preference or any allergies
- 1 egg
- Turmeric (optional)
- Empty the contents of the mince meat into a bowl
- Crack the egg into the bowl and mix into the mince using your hands
- Add a teaspoon of dried or fresh oregano and mix in
- (optional) add a teaspoon of turmeric and mix in
- Divide the mixture and roll into small ball shapes, I make mine now bigger than 1 inch.
- Pop on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven on a fairly low heat until golden brown
- Once cooled, place the meatballs into a sealed container and store in the fridge.
- Use for training! I make these for the games that involve the food being thrown!
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Bowerland, Devon Dogs and Progressive Paws.