Mango Pineapple Frozen Treats
On a summer day, an ice lolly can be a welcome treat for us humans right? Well here at Bowerland and Devon Dogs, our dogs L-O-V-E frozen treats! And this week’s flavour is Mango Pineapple!
For these recipes you can use ice cube trays or buy some cool shaped silicone moulds – just make sure you know which are ice cubes and which are the dog treats, as you could give yourself quite a surprise if you mix them up!
- 250ml Coconut Milk
- ½ Pineapple
- 1 Mango
- Wash mango under cold running water. Slice the mango into cubes ensuring to remove all the skin and stone. Ensure the stone is discarded entirely as a swallowed mango stone can get stuck in a dog’s digestive tract.
- Wash pineapple under cold running water. Roughly slice the pineapple into small pieces, ensuring to cut off and discard the skin, central core and ends.
- Combine coconut milk, mango and pineapple pieces in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or until frozen through.
- When frozen, remove from ice cube trays and store in labeled Ziploc bags in freezer.
We are always looking for new ideas so feel free to share your recipes too; we’d love to hear from you! Write to us HERE! Read more of our Tuesday Treat Recipes HERE. And see our Training Events Schedule HERE.