Easy Steps for Making Time for You!
Don’t you find that sometimes life seems to be on a roll? We have loads to do, places to visit, people to see, and tasks to accomplish. It seems like we’re on a crest of a wave with our foot hard on the pedal!
Sometimes the pressures are high
And yet at other times, we seem to be on a go slow. Other times we can hardly drag ourselves out of bed. Sometimes the pressures are high, and life can be filled with energy and excitement. It can feel really good at the time. But we can’t stay in this overdrive for too long, or we would burn out.
We need to adjust our speed. And also at these busy times we need to recognise when to slow things down, and when to lift our foot off the gas. In fact, when to protect ourselves. We need to get off that hamster wheel, and take time out to chill and relax.
Ebb and Flow
So, first things first, we need to understand the ebb and flow of these rhythms. We need to work out how to manage both the ups and the downs, and more specifically, when to recognize the need to slow down.
Gain back time for yourself
Here are my easy steps to help you to gain back important time for yourself. Perhaps to concentrate on putting yourself first, at the top of your list:
- Examine the cycles of your life. For example right now, are you in a busy phase, at the crest of a wave, or have you slowed down, are you in a lull?
- Check out your energy levels by identifying on a scale of 1 – 10 how you are feeling.
- Work out why you have reached that figure – are you forcing the energy levels up in order to keep up with the demands of your life?
- Are you using your willpower to keep you in overdrive?
- If this is so, discover ways in which you can top up your energy levels again.
- Make yourself take time out today to do exactly what you want to do, not what anyone else wants from you, but just exactly what you feel like doing. It could be as little as half an hour to start with, but do it now, today, don’t put it off! Even if it is just to take yourself into another room, have a nap, watch the telly, read a book. Whatever you feel like doing!
- Look forward through your diary and see if you can block out any longer time for yourself, perhaps to get away for a weekend, or make it longer. See if you can manage a week away! Book it in and make sure you keep to it.
By taking time out for yourself, by booking some downtime, you will find it helpful in keeping your energy levels up. And from now on grab whatever time you can, be it a quick 10 minutes, or if you are lucky, as much as a week even and make sure you get away from it all.
By taking time out to relax, wind down and chill out you will find that you are in a better position to keep going. You will certainly feel healthier and more positive and able to manage those busier times.
Read more of my Monday Motivation blogs HERE.