Mackerel Cake Treats
This week it’s getting a bit fishy… We’re making mackerel cake dog treats! These are super easy to make and a great cheap alternative to expensive training treats.
So here’s what you need:
- 400g tinned fish (I used mackerel but sardines, pilchards or tuna would do the trick!)
- 2 eggs
- 300g plain flour
- 60ml water
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together by hand or with a food processor or blender
- Spoon on to the baking tray and smooth over with the back of the spoon or spatula.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, chop into small bite-sized chunks ready for your next training session!
A great thing about these tasty treats is that you can freeze them in ‘training session-sized’ portions and save for later! Our dogs loves them – we hope yours will too! Check out more of our Tuesday Treats recipes HERE. And see our Training Events Schedule HERE.