Liver Leather Dog Treats
Your dog will say yummy to these liver leather dog treats and they are so easy to make! What’s so great about liver? For starters, it contains 10 to 100 times the nutrients of muscle meat, like hamburger, chicken breast, etc. It has a large amount of vitamin A, several B vitamins, iron, trace minerals, and CoQ10. It’s also a good source of protein.
What you’ll need:
- 500g beef liver
- Pre-Heat Oven to a very low setting and line a baking tray with parchment
- Slice liver into thin pieces
- Place the slices of liver onto a the baking tray
- Pop in the oven
- Depending on your oven cooking time is 30-45 mins approx,
- Keep checking progress, as you want the liver to go leather-like.
- Remove from oven once your liver leather pieces are ready and pop onto a cooling rack before transferring to an air tight container.
Liver is available in most grocery stores. Look for plastic containers of chicken livers in the meat department. Beef liver is mostly found in the freezer section.