Tuesday Tips & Treats – Liver Bits
This week’s fab Liver bits recipe comes courtesy of dogaware.com. These make great training treats, especially if you want a dry treat that won’t leave any residue. (Image credit: The Really Good Life).
- 1 lb. chicken liver
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons molasses or honey
- ¼ cup parsley
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of food processor. Process until smooth.
- Pour into a microwaveable container, approximately 8″ square or round.
- Microwave on high until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- This takes 7 minutes in my microwave, but your times may vary.
- When cooked, turn out of pan immediately, allow the bottom to dry since it will be damp from condensation.
- Cut into squares while still warm.
- Spread bits on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake at 200°f (90°c) for 1.5 hours.
- Freeze or refrigerate.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.