Art of Relaxing – Learning How to Relax
Relaxing is really a learning process
We all need to start somewhere, and let go of the need to constantly be doing something. For some of us relaxing doesn’t come easy – for me it requires focus to embrace a different side of myself. I’m not suggesting turning into a lazybones; however, taking time for self-care in our normal day-to-day routine helps us to become more productive and creative in the long run.
My Top Tips
- Sit back and enjoy being by yourself, read a book, watch a movie, give up all your cares and worries. Even if you just snuggle up on the sofa with a warm blanket and take a nap.
- Take good care of yourself – eat wisely, move sensibly, think about your body and how to look after it. Listen to your body, and what it tells you, rest up if you are tired, don’t push yourself to the very end.
- Take time out with friends – socialise, spend time with people that inspire you, people that bring out the best in you, and lift your spirits. Feel uplifted by your friends and family, enjoy their spirits.
- Walk out in the wilds of nature, wherever that may be. Breathe in the fresh air, place your feet firmly on the ground, and feel at one with the world. Practice deep breathing and meditation.
- Find a game that you enjoy, a sport, a hobby, and play with it – think about how children play, how absorbed they get, how utterly lost in their games. That is what you want to aim for. Participate in activities or hobbies that relax you.
How do you relax? Do you have any useful tips to pass on? What are your favourite hobbies that help? Have a look at the article The Lazy Manifesto: Do Less, Then Do Even Less and start putting these relaxation tips into your everyday life, it certainly helped me!
Check out more of my Monday Motivation Blogs HERE. I hope you find these tips helpful. It would be good to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.