Knightshayes Court Circular Walk
Start: The Stables Lawn, Knightshayes, Bolham, Near Tiverton. EX16 7RQ (Directions)
Only an hour away from us here at Bowerland, this walk starts from the stables lawn and takes you along Home Farm lane, you will walk through parkland and past the Heathcoat Cricket club. Then you will wind back up parallel to the drive in the vast parkland in front of the house itself.
There are often livestock grazing in these fields, so we ask that dog owners act responsibly and keep their dogs on leads where there are free roaming sheep.
- Start your walk at the end of the Stables lawn, heading across the road to the right across the flat area running parallel to the drive, opposite the path to the house. Continue, joining the path directing towards ‘Home Farm’.
- Then following the tarmac path until you reach a gateway, bearing left across this field, heading down the hill towards a crossing over the leat.
- As you follow the field uphill slightly, pass through the gate and continue along the track towards the Four Oaks play area and the Heathcoat Cricket Club.
- After passing the play area and the cricket club, you can leave the field through the metal gate and cross over the driveway. Enter the field on the left through the next metal gate and head left, up the slope towards the house, bearing to the left of the field. You will find a voluminous Turkey Oak in this filed, believed to be the largest tree in the UK.
- Once you reach the top of this field, the house is directly ahead of you, exit through a metal gate on your left this, turn right, and head up the drive. Follow the drive back up to the stables, and you’re back where you began your wonderful walk.
Read more Wednesday Walks HERE.