Kidney Kake Training Treats!
Whether you bake it as a whole cake for a special occasion, your dog’s birthday for example, or use a pizza cutter and chop into training sized pieces, we know that your dog will love kidney cake! This recipe is similar to liver cake, but this time we are using kidneys instead!
- 200g Kidneys
- 1 x egg
- 1 x very finely chopped garlic clove (optional)
How to Prepare:
- Chop the kidneys up into small pieces and add to a bowl
- Crack the egg in and add the garlic (if using) and using a hand blender, blend the mixture together. The consistency will be fairly runny, which is what you want!
- Pour a little flour in and with a fork, gently fold the flour into the egg/kidney mixture. Add a little flour at a time, as you don’t want the mixture to go too dry. The consistency you are aiming for is gooey!
- Once the mixture is ready, empty contents of the bowl out onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Spread the mixture thinly so that it covers the majority of the tray.
- As the mixture will be quite sticky, to spread the mixture you may need to hold onto the baking parchment so that it remains in place and doesn’t slide.
- Pop tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 200 degrees celsius.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Then using a pizza cutter, chop the Kidney Kake up into small training treats.
Read more of our Tuesday tips and recipes HERE.