Kelly’s Kidney Cake
Whether you bake it as a whole cake for a special occasion, your dog’s birthday for example, or use a pizza cutter and chop into training sized pieces, we know that your dog will love kidney cake! This recipe is similar to liver cake, but this time we are using kidneys instead!
- 1 large kidney (we use beef kidney)
- Flour (to be added gradually to get the right consistency)
- 3 eggs
How to make:
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Chop the kidney up into small chunks and throw into a blender
- Add the eggs and blitz until smooth
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and gradually add flour a little at a time and mix with a fork
- The consistency you are looking for is slightly sloppy
- Pour the mixture out onto a baking sheet that is lined with baking parchment and spread around the tray so the mixture is even
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- The kidney cake should be a ‘rubber’ like in consistency when cooked.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool
- Once cool, chop up into small cubed pieces and then pop into an air tight container ready for those super training sessions with your dog!
We are always looking for new ideas! So feel free to share your recipes too; we’d love to hear from you! Write to us HERE! Check out more of our Tuesday Treats recipes HERE. And see our Training Events Schedule HERE.